WHAT'S GOIN' ON, MAN???
1. My Laptop "Higher Power" returned from its "free-engine-repair-and-tune-up" round trip to Auburn WA (Puget Computer Co) and so it is taking me time to tweak it back to "steveroni" specifications, read: re-install sisteen hunnert programs, and mountains of data and other stuff. But I LOVE doing that!
2. Our daughter locked her keys AND her spare key in her car at work. Now I know why we pay guys $50-$100 to come out at night a "break in" to your car. (I found another spare key at home.) She took us out to Dairy Queen. Beats 50 bucks!
3. Sunday night I got a call from an "active" alcoholic. He was so drunk I could barely understand him. He DID promise to meet me Monday morning at a meeting. He did not show. I was really surprised--NOT! We will try again tomorrow.
4. Today at Starbucks (well it's less expensive than ABC Liquors!) we met an AA girl we had not crossed paths with in about 20 years. We met also her friend, whose son was arrested Easter week TWO DAYS IN A ROW.
He was in jail 8 times, back when they lived "up noath", and 5 times here in Naples--cocaine and alcohol-type stuff. He has been on life-support 3 times--overdosed. He is in jail now for a longer period of time. Yet he does not believe he has a problem...YET! Age: 23.....OMG! He will not attend (yet) the meetings we take in to the jail. Do we not ALL remember our own personal "yets?"
5. This summer looks good both in fantasy and on paper. In July we will attend--my first--the 75th Anniversary AA International Convention in San Antonio TX.
Less than three months after that, we will be on a 7-night Gratitude Cruise (Sobriety!) (Royal Caribbean Lines) on the OASIS with many meetings, open and closed, scheduled speakers, 24-hour coffee and pastry areas, and a few shore excursions. There's not a whole lot more that a guy could desire--OH! Yeah, I forgot...the ANY-TIME BANQUET ROOMS. This will be my second cruise. Fortunately we paid for these things a year ago, or else I'd be pulling weeds and mowing grass all over Naples these next few months--and hustling wedding gigs on the beaches (playing violin).
Again, I am certain there's more, but how did we used to say it? "Father, that is all I can remember." Yeah! Right! It is NAP TIME!!!!