DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Friday, April 2, 2010

THOUGHTS ON GOOD FRIDAY...


GOOD FRIDAY

This is a solemn, wondrous day.
This day I heard Him say
"For YOU I hung there those hours three
And of what have you given ME?"

I sit in the church listening, and I nod...
Knowing that the crucified One is God.
My simple life of simple ease
Has not been lived to please
God.  Rather for me to feel good
Has been my goal.  I  surely do
Seek pardon of those whom I've offended,
And from then on,  begin life anew...amended. 

For the way I see it, most all of my slips
Are in the realm of human relationships.
I can make an argument out of thin air
And blame you, so unjustly and unfair.

But at the end of the day
Is when I hear God say,
"What have you done for ME?
While I was hanging from that tree?"
 God continues, "Wake up and SEE!
It is where I am--always am,
Inside every Samantha and Sam.
Every Peep you meet and greet
It is ME standing on those feet."

And so when you express love for one of these
A spark is released, which ignites and frees
That one, to make a selection
Be part of that wonderful connection.

For we are, well, yes...
All one with the Father, 
And the Spirit and Son.
And with us, all of nature
In it's springtime splendidness
Has arrived, and with us adored
Our own Creator, Lord!

...and SOBER today.  How's THAT?

9 comments:

steveroni said...

Reconciliation now.

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Ces Adorio said...

Hello Steve,

Thank you again for your kind comment on my blog. Good Friday is such a holy day but I am afraid I have not been a good Catholic lately. Crud. I am listening The Cars right now. I better come back when you have a more secular post. Of course I came from a very religious and spiritual family. I am just not a good an angel as my siblings. :)

Sherry said...

I could really relate to your post! I also believe God is within each of us and we are connected! Happy Easter!

Andrew said...

Yes, reconciliation.

I have taken steps to return to the Church myself, Sacrament of Reconciliation on Thursday and Good Friday services.

And yes, sobriety is the only way for us. Still trudging.

Anonymous said...

One point of Easter is that we can do things for others. I like helping people.

Dulçe ♥ said...

STEVERONI Stwpid?
Only people like Sam and Samantha get to be so, because they are too proud to ever reconcile... (?)
Could you get to interpret/understand that?

Happy Good Saturday, peep!

xoxoxxoxoo

Syd said...

I hope that you have a great Easter.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

OH I LOVE this picture!!!!!! LOVE IT!