Blue Birds of Paradise
GRATITUDE: A LIST
Today I am grateful--and try to show it--for:
As I grow older, it seems to me that everyone, even Peeps I simply meet by "chance", IS a friend. That determination expands the list of friends unendingly. Those I find otherwise are SO few, and rather obscure, that mostly I do not even know who they might be. I am grateful for friends...especially you blogger-type Peeps!
2. Being SO tired! When I am this fatigued it means I have been more than busy in the whirlwind of this past Wed., Thurs., Fri., Sat., and today, Easter Sunday. And it is a Happy, Sober "weariness"...
3. We do NOT have termites, as we were told by a pest control worker. Just a bunch of dead ants with wings and some wood dust mixed in. NO problemo.
4. My violin is sounding as good as ever! I got to play at St Ann church...and sing. I always thought something odd about guys who "sing in choirs", like they think they're "holier than thou" Ha! and LOL! (I DO love being there, participating--it's like "hanging out with the winners" sort of thing. Is it rubbing off?
5. Family. We seem to be settling into a more comfortable "place", dare I say more loving? We are being watched over by a couple angels, who have been working overtime.
6. Motor scooter. The Suzuki Bergman 650 has unknowingly been a dream of mine for many years. Never dreamed there would one day be a scooter so powerful. It is named Flex, after one of my angels.
7. NAPS! I have learned this past year to take one every day if possible. Even if they do not extend life. A little afternoon sleep is Sooooooooo nice!
8. Sobriety. Alcoholics Anonymous. The fellowship, the therapy, the healing, the closeness of the Peeps, the tough love, help, trust, and guidance which I have found there. We are "like survivors from a sunken vessel, in this lifeboat of recovery". I think that's from the Big Book.
9. Higher Power, my computer. Where would I be without it? For "people of age" it is a marvelous connection with the world, which helps keep the mental processes from stagnation.
10. The REAL Higher Power, God...who I have noticed IS still in charge of everything. If I do not get in the way, don't put up a wall of separation, God will take care of showing me what to do, how to do it, and give me the power to do what is right. Not easy--but simple.
11. HEALTH which allows me to stay up until midnight or after, writing these things. As stated in #2...I am tired enough to put my head right on top this keyboard and snooze away.
When I slip into bed I will think of two dozen more important/appropriate gratitudes, so mayb another "list" soon. Meanwhile, thanks for reading