ALL ABOUT ME
Been meaning to do this ever since "Lou" Emailed me
to "get it on!" (about 5 hours ago =grin=)
to "get it on!" (about 5 hours ago =grin=)
1. I'm eldest (oldest?) of two boys and two girls
2. All four of us are again, now, communicating in a friendly and loving manner
3. I'm an "internal" catholic (according to our Father D***is), attend mass almost every day, play violin there often, and participate more than EVER in my past life
4 Please do not ask me what that means
5. I attended my 50th HS reunion. St Xavier High. Everyone looked so OLD (except moi!) Wish I could post picture on here so you could see how much Pride and Ego I'm dealing with here...do "no teeth and no hair, and fatty throat" help to make ya look young?
5a. I do not fear death--any time--but I REALLY hate growing old, maybe y'all can figure that out, also
6. I was too drunk to "walk" in ceremonies for Bachelor AND Master degree graduations, but I DID get the paper, all scholarship stuff. Imagine that, I still shake my head...
7. At age 11, I habitually opened and sniffed the five-gallon container of muriatic acid on the farm. NOW ya can figger out why I yam like I yam
8. Wanted to be a Jesuit priest. How lucky are those Jebbies
9. Would have been a BAD priest.
10. Will make a terrible saint. I'll sneak past heaven's gate, when Bruce isn't looking or he's checking in another alky
11. My mother forced me to "practice these principles of.....VIOLIN PLAYING (fooled ya?) from the age of six
12. Hated my mother for that
13. Now she's gone, I thank her daily, sometimes hourly
14. My wife Anna loves me very much, here's how I know
15. She bought me a huge (650cc) motor scooter for my birthday
16. At the same time, she purchased a wonderful insurance policy on my life...WAIT a minute....
17. Our four children, her two, and my two, all get along
18. They live far apart
19. I love my bike
20. I love AA
21. I love my wife
22. MAY I NEVER have to choose only one out of the three
23. Played violin in Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
24. At concert in Elmira NY, (my first year) I exuberantly lifted my bow, and it went sailing over the orchestra and landed on the tympani (kettle drums) during a particularly quiet, pianissimo passage
25. They did not fire me
26. I wished that they HAD fired me
27. Spent a long summer at Brevard Music Center in NC (1952) as violinist/camper/maintenance man extraordinaire. (Scholarship, remember?)
28. Fell REALLY, TRULY in love 7 times in 8 weeks in Brevard. I was 19 years old...old?
29. Spent a summer at Tanglewood in Massachusetts (big words--wanted to see if spell checker is working) playing violin
30. Played under (well, not really "under"--holy crapola!) Leonard Bernstein, Conductor
31. He was NOT a conductor on the train
32. Tended bar for many years in many places during off-seasons
33. I was the "best bartender" my boss ever SAW or knew
34. That is exactly what he said just before he fired me. Thanksgiving 1974. I had been sober for eight MONTHS for God's sake. What gives here? Did he not realize how good I was. I had even quit knocking down the cash box
35. I kept a Big Book under the bar, pulled it out when I thought someone needed help
36. I told you...muriatic acid, sniff, sniff, sniiifffff. Ahhhhh!
37. Favorite booze, Alcohol, 190 proof (that's 95% alcohol for you chemistry-deficient people) I know you're not chemically deficient
37. 190 proof BURNS, it burns, burns everything. HAAAAAAAH. I still feel the heat
38. Discovered prostate cancer last year--been treated, all done with that, except it would take a direct interference by God, for me to father children again, that's a result of my ongoing hormone shots and last year's radiation and cyberknife
39. Hormone shots are every three months (84 days apart) and retail for $2,700 EACH
40. I thank God for Medicare (Never thought I'd say something like that--if ya know what I mean)
41. My wife has 23 years in AA Program. We met at an AA meeting on Step 12. I got it mixed up with Step 13
42. Men watch out when a girl says those four words: "We have to talk!" That was 20 years ago
43. Flew to FL in 1965. In the air, I silently cried, thinking it was snowing here--all the roofs were painted white
44. Stayed in FL...who wouldn't! My gosh, there was a Liquor Store in every half-block! I'm HOME, baby, I'm HOME
45. I forget if this is 44 Questions =grin= or 48. Either way, I'm gonna go over. If you're tired quit here, the remaining is boring
46. Miracle: None of our kids are active in alcoholism or other drug addictions
47. Saw a man get run over by a street cleaning machine once. He was killed instantly. In newspaper next day
48. I did not call police. 4AM. I was completely insane with all kinds of shit, afraid I'd go to jail. Street cleaner guy didn't even realize what he did. I was alone with the dead guy. I KNEW they'd think I did it.
49. I drowned once. I was in Sea Scouts. Some fool said he smelled alcohol. They brought me back into the world. Good practice for CRP (or whatever...) I'm not good with acronyms. KUTGW
50. My father was deaf and blind--totally. He operated and managed a dairy farm, loved animals. I could easily write another 50-some items about him. When he died, two nuns wrote an unpublished book about him titled, LIVING WITH JOY. Reminds me of our 12X12, Step twelve, first sentence is: "The joy of living is the theme of A.A.'s Twelfth Step."
51. I speak fluent English...well, at least understandably so
52. I didn't do HALF the things Lou did, but my life was/IS full
53. Yes, believe ME, I am SO grateful for God bringing me here, and for YOU all bringing me back to Him. Thank you, thank you
54. You all are fortunate I'm stopping here. I could stretch this thing into 100 easily