DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Monday, July 7, 2008

FIRST ANONYMOUS BLOG

Hi Guys, I'm new at "Anon" posting, feel like I'm hiding something. Of course, y'all know me, and I know all'y'all'n, because of our common disease (dare I say it?) ALCOHOLISM! There! I said it!

Oh my...today: Well, after waking up at usual 4:30AM, I wrote my new AA friend Mary Christine "somewhere in those foothills" whatever that is =grin=. I've been a night person all my life, musician and bartender-type, but 3 months ago, I chanced on two beautiful meetings at 6AM and 7AM (SOMEWHERE IN FLORIDA--HA! I'm catching on...), and been attending DAILY ever since.

When I arrived at the doors of AA on March 19, 1974, I could only make one meeting a week. Now, after 34 years of continuous sobriety, I'm going to fourteen meetings a week--and LOVE them--plus a few more.

Also went to a doctor and an eye doctor for these darn shingles, left side, and all around-the-head type. Thet're getting better, after 3 weeks. The Joy of Living today for me, is to help spread the miracles of our gifts to others, to "freely give what we have found here..." and that's what I'll be trying to do on this blog.

I gotta go practice my violin now. Peace, now and forever, to whoever comes onto this site. I'll have to get used to this!

Steve E. (Oops!, it's Steveroni--rhymes with Macaroni.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your first comment on your first Post

I love you soooo Much Steveroni MAN

My sweetest of all Peeps