DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Saturday, July 19, 2008

PROBLEMATIC PROBLEM



PROBLEMS? WHO...ME?


Lately I have been wrestling with a personal problem for which I had not the strength to resolve. This very morning I knelt and asked God to "Do for me what I could not do for myself." Later at 6AM meeting the topic was on (again?) the Promises, (BB Pg 83-84). I remember telling the group (usually only about 18 people that early) about my early morning prayer--this is serious stuff here! I seldom ask God for favors any more, because I've found that He already KNOWS what I need, or want, etc.


Bottom line: God spoke to me through a fairly new AA guy, and then an AA woman, between the two meetings. (Thank GOD I usually stay for the second (7AM) meeting!) And whooosh, my problem disolved like salt into water--which means it did not just go away, but with willingness and work...it WILL go away. What a wonderful feeling, to be associated with people who understand me, and who will not laugh at my silly foibles.

Laugh, and Love, people!
Steve E.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gift~

Laura said...

I just love reading and getting you day by day.

Thank you for sharing your heart and your gratefulness ...

Patricia Marie said...

I believe God does work through people.

Kathy Lynne said...

That's what I've been learning, no need to ask, but the need is to connect. Once connected the possiblities are endless and yes I find my answers usually come from my fellows.

Mary Christine said...

I love it when God works in my life - like he ever stops!

Lou said...

Yes,the problem often does not go away, but it sure seems smaller!