DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Monday, November 10, 2008

READ 'EM (AND DON'T WEEP!)


READ 'EM (AND DON'T WEEP!)



Surely EVERYONE reads Mary Christine's "
ONE SOBER ALCOHOLIC" blog daily, maybe even twice...like me! But just in case someone out there has missed it, Mary has begun Sunday November 9, a twelve-day "course of action." She is taking the time (of which Mary has oodles to spare? NOT!!! -grin-) to post a 12-Step Commentary, one each day (Today, Monday, is Step 2--do not miss YESTERDAY's Step 1). This activity--IMO--is truly in the realm of 'Service' in Alcoholics Anonymous.

After all, the Twelve Steps ARE our program for recovery. They are where we find, not the 'answers' to our living problems...rather we find the SOLUTIONS, how to solve the problems!

In fact, one of a sponsor's primary functions is NOT to answer my questions, or solve my problems of romance, finance, etc. A sponsor can best help me by SHOWING me where, in the first 164 pages of our Big Book, or the 12 X 12, I can FIND the solution.

Here I am again -grin-, almost trying to sound like a 'teacher'...but really my only intention here is to insure that all in our blogosphere (spread the word!) is aware of this fine opportunity to learn how to apply the steps to my life. For this, I thank YOU again, Mary Christine!

gratitude-a-roni

7 comments:

Shadow said...

i've been reading them, they're good!

Kathy Lynne said...

I always read MC but thanks for the reminder.

Shannon said...

I've been readin em too, Happy Mon-day-a-roni! ♥

~Tyra~ said...

I've been reading them, she's great.

Anonymous said...

Hey, STEVE-O!!!!!!!!! Prayer Girl gave you the Brilliante award and if you'd read my blog you've got another for Thoughtful blogger. Since I know this has zero to do with your post, you don't have to show the comment. hee hee

:0P

Wait. What? said...

I like that there is guidance in the program but its not in your face and allows you the room to learn and grow at your own pace.

Happy Monday to ya!

Cat

Syd said...

Yep, MC's posts on the steps are great. What a good idea.