OR SLEEP FOREVER!
OR SLEEP FOREVER!
WOW! Saturday morning I woke up at 11 AM. For a solid 12 hours, I was in the limbo of replenishment of mind and body. It is one of the few times in a year I've slept more than 3-5 hours. (LOADS OF COFFEE!!!) Except 4 nights in June on top of a mountain. Maybe I should live on top of a mountain?
Let me examine momentarily some symptoms resulting from a solid night of rest.
1. "Upon awakening"...my physical balance seemed restored.
2. My feet and lower legs were reduced in size to normalcy.
3. In the mirror, I wondered to whom belonged those dark blue and white eyes. They have been "rose-colored" for many months.
4. My monitor was free of all those "cloudy" areas.
5. I did not require a nap in the afternoon--I had just got up!
6. My mind could think clearly of an answer when a new AA member asked me one of those questions they always ask a long-timer:
Q. "How did ya do it?"
A. "I didn't."
Q. Oh yeah! Well....?
A. "God did it."
A. "I simply cooperated."
7. No bullshit today. Straight answers. Right out of the Big Book.
9. "Ya forgot number eight!"
10. At my age, I'm cut a little slack on not remembering. I'm cut a little slack on a lot of things which are not entirely "mea maxima culpa--or--through my own most grievous fault".
11. I have faults, failures, feelings, funcky days, fabulous moments, a fantastic life--and for far more years than I ever imagined.
12. "Upon awakening" after 12 hours, I realize (means "make real") that a replenishment of mind and body is accompanied with a re-nourishment of soul.
13. "Upon awakening" I am seriously grateful to God for my sobriety, and for yours recovery also, whoever, wherever you are, in God's Name.
14. After 12 hours' in my private 'coma', I ask again that God puts someone in my path today...someone who needs to hear what God wishes to say to him/her. And that God will use me as He wishes, to say the words of encouragement which will help another, maybe even lead to an enlightenment. It does happen!
8. I am writing this early, (so I can get to bed -grin!) but my prayer is for us together, to stay sober today, and for all tensions to be eased--God can do this. And possibly a continued spirit of helpfulness--I pray--will find its way throughout the AA blogs, in whatever manner it shall be.
Last one: 15. For me, the blogs are more than "how many hours of sleep I got last night!". These daily thoughts of 'mine-on-line' I wish were more about "How does AA life affect me, and how do I affect AA life?" And "Do I allow God into all these stories, quips, trivia, blunders, bon mots(!) attempts at helpfulness, and public prayer?" And, "How can I be completely honest without hurting another?"
God will show me the way for all to be accomplished which falls into conformity with His Will.
Bless you all.
Peace to you all.
I Love you all.
NOTE: One of my incoming ISP's is not responding, since I--yessss?--due to sleep deprivation, I FORGOT to pay the unsightly annual fee of $60--"unsightly"--grin! I will take care of that Monday morning 10 AM. If some comments and emails do not make it through...cut this old guy some more slack, Okay?