DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Sunday, June 21, 2009

COFFE, TEA, AND THEE


TWO MEET TWO


Upon leaving the mountain, we vowed to return to this place--it is close to heaven, and God is in that house. I could 'feel' His presence. However, it was time to move on, and I had promised Kristin and Gabrielli--bloggers who both live in Charleston, WV--that we would "stop by" for coffee, dinner, and a Saturday night AA meeting.

I am SO happy, and SO grateful to be able to say that our meeting with these two blogger-girls was an X-tremely delightful, very comfortable, personally uplifting and spiritually nurturing four hours. Our visit was so sweet and much too short--but it is awesome how well we 'knew' one another right away. When bloggers meet face-to-face, all preliminary BS, and "let me impress you" crapola is eliminated.

We were 'instant' friends. And when Kristin said she was "buying dinner" at Longhorne's Steak Restaurant, we became even 'more instant' in our sharing, caring and loving friendship. My gosh, we may even "drop by" here again one summer day...try 2011. (2010 is International Convention of AA in San Antonio, in early July.)

And what a GREAT AA meeting we attended. Real good solid sobriety here, a pleasure to witness, and be a part of. Got to meet a whole roomful of peeps (I can not remember them, but their attitudes and their enthusiasm I will always remember!)

Thank you SO much, Kristin, for dinner, and showing us one heck-of-a-good meeting. (Would you believe I used to be the shyest one in high school, college, even?) And Gabi, just as I KNEW you'd be, you are one wonderful, smiling, loving person. I am just so glad we drove here for this "sit-down". And we will do it again.

FARM PARTIES

Anyone hear of a Farm Party? We had them every summer in the big barn, before the hay was brought into the barn. I am understanding the tradition is still being kept alive, but the drug of choice is no longer called Alcohol. And the parties are no longer "Farm Parties"...

Now the term is "PHARM PARTIES" and the scenario is a 'party' at the house of one whose parents are gone for the night...or weekend. the 'guests' all empty the medicine cabinets at home, bring it all to the party, dump all of the pharmaceuticals into a big pot or vat. Then everyone helps themselves to a handful, downs them with whatever, and waits for results--which are not always desirable.

Guys...you with kids--any age, 2--42--LOCK your medicine cabinets. Always!

TODAY'S TRIVIA

Q. Do bats mate in flight?
A. Only if in a hurry

"Daily Trivia" taken from L.M. Boyd's Curiosity Shop


Peace be With you, Bloggers--and Love also, from
Steve E

12 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi Steve, just came by to wish you a happy father's day... I have something for you here. Enjoy your day!

Just Be Real said...

Glad you two met up with Kristin and Gabrielli and had a great time and a great AA meeting! Bet that steak was great huh?

Bats in a hurry, nah!

Blessings dear one!

Shadow said...

pharm parties???? for real????? sheeeesh!

dAAve said...

You describe my experience of meeting fellow bloggers. But not the steak thing.

I've always thought the same thing about bats.

Syd said...

Glad that you enjoyed West Va. with Kristin and Gaby. Sounds like you had a great trip and met many bloggers. Maybe sometime you'll head this way too. Have a safe trip.

Mary Christine said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all - with the possible exception of the bats.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for going out of your way to meet with us :) I was glad we could make a meeting (not a bad one, eh?) and dinner was GOOD! Although, considering I hadn't eaten since 8:30 AM, I could have started licking the tableware and it would have tasted just as good.

I hope you have a safe trip home...thank you again, it was a blast! :)

Lou said...

Does that mean Kristin will be paying for dinner when I meet her in September..I'll be sure to get appetizer and dessert, in addition to the main course...LOL

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

YAY GOD!!! So glad you all got to share a bit of face-to-face time! What a treat!

Keep traveling safe!

wolfie185 said...

Steve that is so cool you met with Kristin and Gabi!!
I know of Pharm parties but I don't think they have caught on around here yet, although pharmaceuticals are just as popular as weed but haven't reached the status of meth yet. My ex was a pharmaceutical junkie and I so I have a special understanding of them and talk to my daughter about them.

Thanks for the posts.

Ed G. said...

Scary stuff with kids.

I can see why I wasn't born later - I probably would not have survived in this generation.

Blessings and bon voyage...

Calli said...

Sounds like you and Prayer Girl are having a wonderful time, Steve, visiting some blogger friends. Love the photos of the mountain views. Gorgeous! heavenly!...makes life so worthwhile huh?.

and my gosh, thank you for the Pharm party advise. I had never heard of such a thing and will certainly keep an eye out when the time comes. Thank God, my younger ones are so innocent, still. I'm gonna keep them that way!

I have some new scenery pics posted at G A R A H S T A H . Hope you'll come visit.

hugs~happy weekend and Father's day!
Calli