DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Friday, June 5, 2009

55-WORD FRIDAY

GOD SEES

I have been wanting to try this out for several weeks, and so this is my first attempt, and I just thought a prayer would be in order. Anyway, it's MY thing, right? I may try a story next week, but feel so inadequate among the fine writers on here...seriously. But God is watching! Shhhhhhhhh!

Every Friday, compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. if you want to join in the fun and games and give it a try...post your story and report to the boss G-Man!

A PRAYER



May God Whose Spirit permeates our blogs and bloggers,

The God Who has special love for us,

That God Who brought us here together,

May that Same God protect us from all unnecessary anxieties,

And may He BLESS US, and all those we love.

May God's Spirit stay with us now, and from now on.

24 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

What a kind prayer.

clean and crazy said...

you are awesome!!! and yes you do change with an open mind, life is about change and change is good. I love this prayer all 55 words of it I have a smile on my face right now. mines up too.

Shadow said...

well DONE steve. you may certainly do this again...

Lou said...

This is really lovely, and sends me off on my day just right.

Dr.John said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of flash 55.
You did well.
It was a very good prayer.

Mary Christine said...

Nice.

Hootin Anni said...

Are you kidding me Steve? This is some fantastic writing!!! You did perfectly in my estimation. Stick to it.

Mine's posted. As always, scroll down below my show n tell, or click on the link provided at the beginning!! Happy weekend.

Fandango said...

We love it when new people write 55's. More people to visit us. Welcome! Welcome!
Very good prayer and 55.

We have posted.

One Prayer Girl said...

Since my comment will not be part of your 55 words, I can say, "AMEN".

Beautiful prayer.

Thanks and I'm sure you would do a great fiction 55. I have no doubt.

ME

Wait. What? said...

Ah and this is a good way to begin my day Steve-roni!

dAAve said...

applaud
applaud
applaud

wolfie185 said...

"inadequate" my butt, that was wonderful, nice way to start my day at work!
Thanks

Head Cookie said...

Hey there Steve this is a great 55 I need that prayer to help with my anxieties I hope to see another post by you. My 55 is up

G-Man said...

Silly Wabbit...55's are for EVERYBODY!!!
Don't ever question if you belong!
Excellent 55 my friend.
Please join in the Friday Funfest next as well...
Have a Great Week-End...G

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

A prayer and my word of PRAISE to you. We each have gone to the heavens for our image posts today and not too different an appeal. Stop by and see our joint travels.

Best always,

Rose Marie

Akelamalu said...

Well that's a lovely prayer, a lovely 55 and a lovely first attempt! Welcome to Flash fiction. :)

Syd said...

Great prayer. Thanks Mr. Steve.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Thank you Steve for visiting APOGEE Poet

...threads of light from heaven descend,
the warp and weft woven and so a friend...

Anonymous said...

*standing in ovation*

Well done, sir.

Ed G. said...

Nice contribution around a device...

Carol said...

Lovely. I need to remember that indulging in my anxiety is a choice. Think I'll trust God instead.

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Just Be Real said...

Super Stevie!!!!

Mona said...

O what a wonderful prayer!

Amen!