DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Friday, June 26, 2009

FARRAH AND LOVE

"...and even the angels were put to the test."
Farrah Fawsett 1945-2009



The Open Door
(Photo: Frank Ockenfels III)

LOVE: IS IT ALL ABOUT ME? OR YOU?

A story:

A lover knocked at the door of his beloved.

"Who knocks?", said the beloved from within.

"It is I", said the lover.

"Go away, This house will not hold you and me."

The rejected lover went away into the desert. There
he meditated for months on end, pondering the words of
the beloved. Finally he returned and knocked at the door again.

"Who knocks?"
"It is you."

The door was immediately opened.

--Anthony De Mello, "The Song of the Bird"

AMENDED June 26 Friday

Shadow (and me)...sounds like "Me And My Sha-dow...", an old song-and-dance.

Several considerations. you brought me to give this more thought.

1. When two people are really, truly in love, they become as one.

2. Absence of my nemesis--self, or--self-centeredness would entail that I focus, not ever on ME, but on others always (Mother Theresa?), in this case, on the "you" in the story.

3. I just like the way it sounds..."

Shadow, of all who I might have thought would ask for explanations you
were not even near the list...because you ply us almost daily with those woven intricacies, which have me continually thinking about "could it mean "this" or "that"???

Bless you. Im sure i understand it better now also -grin!

TRIVIA


Q. When and where did the word "humongous" first appear in print?

A. In 1973. In a student newspaper at the University of Denver.


Good morning, Bloggers!
Peace and love---------"it is you."
Steve E

16 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Well said Steve
Linda

Tall Kay said...

I think we need to do a tribute to Michael Jackson too. I'm hoping it wasn't a drug OD. Very sad day indeed.

Very thought provoking story.
(Just figured out the PG connection and welcome home!)

sarah said...

Good morning to you too). How are you? Hope all is well in your world.

Hugs

Sarah))

Shadow said...

don't quite know what to make of that story... fill me in?

Syd said...

Thanks Steve. Very courageous person.

steveroni said...

An AMENDMENT TO THE BLOG:

Shadow (and me)...sounds like "Me And My Sha-dow...", an old song-and-dance.

Several considerations. you brought me to give this more thought.

1. When two people are really, truly in love, they become one.

2. Absence of my nemesis, self, or self-centeredness would entail that I focus, not ever om ME, but on others always (Mother Theresa?), in this case, on the "you" in the story.

3. I just like the way it sounds

Shadow, of all who I might have thought would ask for explanations you
were not even near the list...because you ply us almost daily with those woven intricacies, which have me continually thinking about "could it mean "this" or "that"???

Bless you. Im sure i understand it better now also -grin!

Mary Christine said...

I have not a clue.

Unknown said...

Well you dear Steve, know how I feel about Love, it's an imperative part of my spiritual path and without it, I am nothing..without giving love...well...there is nothing else...that is what my higher power gives me everyday, so for me not to share that, well...you know.

I love you,
Gabi

Lou said...

Good thing Shadow figured it out. I'm just along for the ride.. er..blong..er TGIF!

Ed G. said...

Better I not be me (my ego) - perhaps as good that I not be you (your ego)...

Don't know...

...on a good day, don't care...

One Prayer Girl said...

The God in me recognizes the God in you.
OR
The God in you recognizes the God in me.

Voila - the door opens!

PG/ME

Hootin Anni said...

I understood it I think....it's that sometimes we're not ready to be accepted...when we ARE...the door opens.

And the trivia...I'm from Denver --lived there for over 40 years...it figures that the word would be first in print from that area, huh?

Have a great Friday Steve.

Wait. What? said...

Steve - I loved the first story! You always have such a wealth of knowledge (and stories) to tell. I just really like that about you and i get so much from it.

OK Now second times a charm right? *grin*

It's you!

(hugs)

Robin said...

Hi Steve,

I think I get the first story but the second one.....? Or is PG right?
Please shine some light in the dark?
Thank you!
Blessings,
Robin

Steve E said...

Robin...the "2nd one", as you call it, is simply my try at explaining the 1st one to a girl named SHADOW. When you start blogging you will meet her and quite a few others, believe me.

Thanks for dropping by Robin, and considering my blog worthy of a comment.

I can tell you this much--today is the LAST TIME I'll ever EVAH try to blog a riddle-type story of a highly spiritual nature...you can trust that, all the way to the bank!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

It's really quite awesome.

It is YOU!

Not only does the God in each of us recognize it when looking at others (when we are spiritually fit) but we also begin to seek the God in others as well, community.

:)I'm so grateful that it's not about "i".