DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Monday, June 1, 2009

SUNSET, MOUNTAINS, GOD AND CHEERIOS

NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS NEAR BREVARD

Lord knows, and also you know--I am NOT a poet, nor try to be, nor want to be. Furthermore, I've read that some bloggers here just delete when they smell a poem on the way. (Bear --bare?--with me a moment--Oooops -grin!)


In that case, just skip through these two short verses (which, believe me, just jumped out of the keyboard, onto the monitor) and move right onto the Cheerios part of this blog. Who'd believe that Cheerios might be a trip-altering substance? (Not THAT kind of trip, youse guys!)

SUNSET:
Western sky all ablaze,
Clouds creating a maze

Through which with stealth

Will sneak the stars.


Think tiny spheres settle in

To prepare, and begin

Themselves to twink.
Light up bright, and rid
The world of dark night.

--S

GOD AND CHEERIOS:

Received phone call from one of PG's sponslings. PG not home. I chatted with sponsling, usually a no-no, but sometimes the Spirit moves, ya know? They live on a mountain in NC. She invited us to spend a couple days with them--porch has 270-degree unobstructed view of beautiful mountains.

I hesitated, thinking...but we could stop there--just a couple hundred miles out of our way--on the way back from our Illinois "Blogger Meeting" mid June...so I said to her, "Maybe we could stop by and I could bring you some CHEERIOS?" (I have no idea where from came that thought, or those words!)

Here is where God stepped in: AA girl told me, "Of all the things in the world without which I could not live, there is only one--Cheerios. Believe me Steve, I'm telling the truth--ask anyone who knows me, I am a Cheerio FREAK! I have always loved them, it's my favorite thing in the world!" (Who would have known. Seriously!)


So I said to her that I suspected God was letting us know right then, we should visit them in June. I will not even ask Anna, we will simply go. It is done.


Do you think God can really use Cheerios to bring about His Will? Or is this just so much bull shit?


So I am looking for other reasonings which might validate our visit, and there are several good ones. Later, I thought of reasons not to go, "And Then There Were None"! Thank You, "God of my understanding". OMG...Cheerios!


NOTE: In projection mode, I can see me reporting our trip to you in late June, writing, "I forgot to take the dammmmm Cheerios!"

Thank you God and AA, for making it possible for me to be alive, to be free to come and go, to be productive in a number of areas in my life, for allowing love to have many forms, all in the spirit of "giving".


I no longer want to kill myself.


Peace, and LOVE,

Steve E

16 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

Ask me the question, "Can God really use Cheerios to bring about His Will?" My answer will be a resounding "YES".

I have discovered in my experience that God can and does use the strangest times, people, numbers, words, whatever to bring into manifestation His Will. God is a mystery and works in mysterious ways. I LOVE IT.

ME

Ed G. said...

Cheerios, snowstorms, weather, thoughts, ideas, relationships, tidal waves, volcanoes, sunsets, sunrises, clouds, facial expressions, babies, un-natural acts, natural acts, music, flowers, mountains, money, health...

Yep - God's got a pretty full tool belt of what can be used...

Shadow said...

aren't you in a cheeky kinda mind... and DON'T FORGET THE CHEERIOS!!!!!!

Gin said...

Now, which type will you take? There are so many now to choose from:

Original
Frosted
Fruity (looks like Fruit Loops)
Honey Nut
Yogurt Burst Strawberry
Apple Cinnamon
Multigrain
Banana Nut
Berry Burst
Crunch

Perhaps they sell a variety pack?!?!?! (I admit that after Yogurt Burst Strawberry I had no clue what other types they had so I had to Google it. Can you believe there are 10 different types? Who knew?)

Mary Christine said...

As Bill so aptly said "There is no waste in God's economy."

Calli said...

Hey love your poem! We are all poets, artists, creators...;)

have a lovely day today, Steve!
~Calli
ps~ I do not use or even own Photoshop.

Syd said...

this post made me laugh out loud. I don't know whether God works through Cheerios but maybe he does want the prize in the box of cereal. I like the way you think.

Wait. What? said...

Ahh gotta love how things weave into place to work out wonderfully - and I agree God threw those Cheerios in for good measure!

clean and crazy said...

that is too cool, yep it is a "God thing" and don't focus on the cheerios there is something better in store, a wonderful visit.

Anonymous said...

Gin should know better than to toss Steve too many options. Tsk tsk, Gin. You are boggling poor Steve's mind ;)

And Triscuits brought me salvation. Seriously. I have spoken of them often in my blog.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful photo Steve...and great post.

---also, had to laugh at your comment you left for me. That cracked me up.

steveroni said...

KRISTIN...Twelve kinds of Triscuits, since it's MY blog, I'm gonna type them:

HINT OF SALT
QUATTRO FORMAGGIO
PARMESAN GARLIC
ROASTED GARLIC
FIRE ROASTED TOMATO
REDUCED FAT
ORIGINAL
CRACKED PEPPER & OLIVE OIL
ROSEMARY & OLIVE OIL
GARDEN HERB
THIN CRISPS
DELI-STYLE RYE

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO! I am assuming that you Googled the Triscuit manufacturer for those, Steve, just to bust my balls. If, in fact, you do have all 12 (Steps!) boxes in your cupboard, well then, you are my hero :)

Just Be Real said...

Love it!

God is never dull. Keeps our minds alert. Never know what to expect from Him!! Blessings Stevie!

Zanejabbers said...

Good ole cherios. I'm glad you are still here.

Judith said...

My husband loves Cheerios. When his grandmother makes Chex mix for him, she doubles up the Cheerios specially. I think there is god in that.