DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ME-ANDERINGS



YESTERDAY


Tuesday was grass-mowing day. it is a job I will give up one of these years. Of course, I've been saying that for ten years. Thing is the heat, but I still wish to be cremated, I'll never forget those cold winters.

While out there working under bushes and short trees, and trumpet blossoms (poisonous, by the way) I was bitten by an angry spider. I mean I SAW him dart up my arm and do the 'dinner' thing. Well, I got the final laugh, because he (or she) jumped right onto a wooden slatted fence, and died!

This happened all the time in my drinking days...people jumped onto wooden slatted fences--and died.

TODAY: WEDNESDAY

Ya know? I have never ever typed on my own computer while sitting in the rear seat of my car, traveling 77 miles per hour. Fortunately, PG is in the Driver's Seat. We just finished a lovely luncheon at a sparkling clean restaurant named McDonald's.

DAMMMIT! We're in a car without Internet access. Peeps. You do not know (maybe ya do, but don't give a RF?) how disturbing this is. The salesperson told me definitely we could go on-line in this machine. He did NOT say we'd have to be sitting in a Starbucks' parking lot--with or without coffee.

Reminder for next auto...required: Internet access AND coffee-maker. Don't care if it has an engine. OK? Its these little "extras" which count, ya know?

Macon GA.

My sponsor--who is ailing--is this moment, driving through heavy traffic in NY City. He is attending his brother's funeral. I just called him. Funny thing...35 years ago I hardly ever called my sponsor(s). Now, sober a Blong time, I call him even when he's driving in downtown New York City. Go figure.

We're going to eat--not at that 'sparkling clean' place (McDonald's) which smells of disinfect spray...but another nice place called Cracker Barrel. They do not have a "fine dining" place in Macon, GA. Besides, I did not bring shoes on this trip anyway. "NO BARE FEET sign hangs at the Ritz Carleton...oh well, that's my excuse.

AA meeting here SO smoky, reminds me of my very first meetings. That's when all they would tell a new person was, "Don't drink--and go to meetings". and that was all they said. At a time when I wanted the secret to staying dry, I just wanted the 'password' to get back into the room, preferably when nobody was there.

I have a prayer for tonight--Please God, bless my 'right' decisions AND my 'bad' ones, because together they make me who I am. They become my story. They are from where I grow "From This Moment"...with Your help, God...only so that I may show others who suffer, the way into sobriety, and maybe even into spirituality, and LOVE of all people and all creatures, and all things.

And I (and YOU, Peeps!) can press the RESET button at any time, any day--or night!

In service, and Love.
Peace,
Steve E


17 comments:

Gin said...

Great post Steve! Too bad about the internet access thing in the car. You know you can get a card for the laptop so you can have access wherever you are. I think it uses the cell towers kind of like my iPhone does. Anyway, glad you and PG are having a good trip so far. I had no doubt that you would. See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Bless my right decisions and my bad ones... together they make me who I am. That's true... scary if you're me, but true.

Zanejabbers said...

Well, PG was pressing it at 77 and I was posting away, gotta keep my peeps informed of the happenings of the day. Now put that to any tune you can think of - a Beach Boys tune will work. Glad we can keep up with y'all.

Carol said...

Happy Trails. I did wonder about internet in the car but figured it was a higher powered kind of thang.

Judith said...

You never did buy that iPhone, didya? You could be posting and emailing in your car, not just sitting in Starbucks. AND listening to music of your choice at the same time.

Queenneenee said...

Have yourself an AWESOME trip. Sounds like PG has the need for speed just like you do! Be safe!

Just Be Real said...

Sweet Stevie, you and PG be good, yah right, and be safe as you travel. Will be praying for traveling mercies for you dear ones.

Shadow said...

you know, i envy you. put me on a plane, i'm fine. put me in a boat, i'm fine. put me in a car, and unless i'm driving or looking out the window, i'm fine. look down for longer that 20 seconds and i'm car sick....

Mary Christine said...

I agree about the iPhone. I don't have one, but the iTouch shows me why I want/need an iPhone.

One Prayer Girl said...

Your blog - YESTERDAY - TODAY - -

...and now it is TOMORROW.....

It will be car time again today after a little B&B - BLOGGING AND BREAKFAST! :)

5 or 6 hours of driving should take us halfway of what is left to our destination. SAFE DRIVING!

PG

Syd said...

IPhone for sure. You'll be blogging everywhere. Enjoy your trip. Macon--not sure about fancy restaurants there. No shoes, no shirt, no problem is something that they probably understand though.

Chubskulit Rose said...

off topic..

Came by to tell you that I have something special for you at my place, hope you like it.

wolfie185 said...

Hi a great journey. Thanks for the chuckles and the line about pressing the reset button at anytime.

Tammy said...

Hope you two are having a delightful time!

Wait. What? said...

Drive safe you two!

garden-variety drunk said...

just wanted to stop by and say hello. i just shared the "reset button" with my sponsee the other day who was having a BAD morning. they told me when i first came into the rooms that i could start my day over anytime. i love that!

Ed G. said...

I wish you safe journeys - all the way around...

I remember a few years ago when I was "over-connected" to the internet and my work that I would pay extra for a vacation or a place to stay if they didn't have internet access...

The time is coming (technology exists today) that we'll all be connected everywhere - already exists in other parts of the world...

Blessings and aloha...