DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Thursday, June 18, 2009

THE VIEW


OUR VIEW OF MAGGIE VALLEY, NC


Another day is history. I wonder if history books are being revised with more frequency? Because the days/years are sure flying by more rapidly. OK, I must blog this. We are visiting with one of PG's sponsees. She and hubby built a house on top a mountain. More like a castle. It IS at the top. The road stops here.

Driving up here was scary. PG was behind the wheel. But here we are. Now, how are we gonna get back down--and back up, etc? I guess it's my turn tomorrow. Sheeesh!
Something about the house. It is two-stories plus basement, exquisitely built on the order of an exclusive, rustic country club. More than that simply defies description. I could live here snowed in for the winter--roads closed then. Enough. We are here until Saturday! Maybe time to blog tomorrow? And comment!

ONE FOR ME

On a bitterly cold day, a Rabbi and his disciples were huddled around a fire.

One of the disciples, echoing his master's teachings, said, "On a freezing day like this, I know exactly what to do!"

"What?" asked the others.

Keep warm! And if that is not possible then I still know what to do."

"What?"

"Freeze!"

Present reality cannot really be rejected or accepted. To run away from it is like running away from your feet. To accept it is like kissing your own lips.

All you need to do is see, understand, and be at rest.



DAILY TRIVIA

Those who band birds now say they've learned that many migratory birds each season go back not only to the same tree they left the previous year (you knew that!), but to the same branch.

Sleepily Posted.
Peace to you,
And Love, too.
Steve E

Daily Trivia taken from L.M. Boyd's "Curiosity Shop"
One For Me is from A. De Mello "Taking Flight

17 comments:

garden-variety drunk said...

I LOVE that section from Anthony De Mello. Someone suggested his Awakenings book over my break in Dec. and I devoured it, then bought it and began savoring it.

Findon said...

Great view. Thanks for posting about your trip. It's like a travelogue and shows so much more than just a postcard. Take care both of you.

Shadow said...

birds. creatures of habit too..

dAAve said...

Be careful on the curves.

Just Be Real said...

Yes Sweet Stevie, what an awesome view. Package that view and send it back to me please. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Love to you, too, Steve-O.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Awesome view, glad your journey is bringing you continued blessings!

Mary Christine said...

Is it fall in North Carolina?

Ed G. said...

Sorry - I did a triple take - were the trees really that color yesterday?

Blessings and aloha...

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture...and so glad that life is going well!

steveroni said...

Ed, now I see what you and Mary C noticed...The photo is from and earlier time we were here. The view is the same, only much more beautiful.

Have loads of new photos, will be posting.

Garden Variety, I'm SO glad there is another "De Mello" follower in our midst...there are one or two others.

Syd said...

It sounds great. I like the mountains of NC and VA a lot. Enjoy your time away.

Banana Girl said...

Fall, schmall....the view remains the same...haha. Great shot and worthy of the content of the post. Today I am just trying to stay on my same branch....J.

Lou said...

Ha,ha..love the line about getting back down the mountain.

Don't be a Steve-0-Careening!

Zanejabbers said...

I thought that looked like fall colors. I was in Ashville fall 99.
It was gorgeous. Enjoy your Awakenings.

Wait. What? said...

Great View!!!

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?