DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Sunday, June 7, 2009

A NON-BLOG DAY

A NON-BLOG MESSAGE


Dear blogger Peeps--true friends!

Gotta take a day away... loading up my new laptop with "stuff" --so I can blog during our trip which begins Wednesday morning.

Why do I feel guilty for not blogging this Sunday? There is an old saying which applies here: FIRST THINGS FIRST.

Meetings this morning, later, an AA group is having a breakfast in a big park with a lake and a man-made beach. Also a speaker at that breakfast meeting. A meeting later in evening, and somehow, I feel overwhelmed with obligations, all to which I have obligated myself. Hmmmmm. And all my AA life, my favorite motto has been EASY DOES IT. And I look at me this morning and say, "Do you think you are so important that they will miss your
brilliant crapola?

I truly love all you bloggers and will meet a few of you on Friday in Illinois. This is the first time ever that I'm glad to be leaving my home, my Naples FL,
I am excited about "living". Ya know what I mean???

Please pray for me sometime during this week. I don't know why, I just know I'm going to need that extra help.

The only blog I got to read this morning was Mary Christine's FIFTH YEAR in AA which happened about 20 years ago. What a memory! What good writing. Go there, it is inspiring stuff.

Again. Peace and Love, from
Steve E

(HEY! I guess I did write a sort of blog here. Hurray!) I LOVE life!

13 comments:

Dave King said...

There aint no law says you gotta blog every day, surely? Have a great trip!

dAAve said...

Be safe.
Be happy.

Just Be Real said...

Glad you love life Stevie!!!

So you are loading up your new puter with some good programs! Great dear one.

You will be in my prayers.

Lou said...

I'm not going anywhere Steve-O-Busy.
Take a break!

Shadow said...

of course you can have a prayer, with absolute pleasure...

and remember 'blogging without obligation'? have a good day off...

clean and crazy said...

have a great day and enjoy your meetings, i do not post daily as my life is way too busy but i do love to read up on everyone.

Mary said...

Thanks for your non-blog;-)
I will be praying for you!
Hugs,
Mary

Carol said...

You blogged whether you liked it or not! We did (like it). Did you just blog 'without your permission'?

Banana Girl said...

Are you following me on the road? Have a safe trip! J

Mary Christine said...

Have a good trip Steve.

Ed G. said...

Blessings and aloha and bon voyage...

Syd said...

Hope that your trip goes well.

Tammy said...

Oh I am so excited for you! I wish so much that I could meet some of the blogger friends I have made here. Perhaps some day...but first I guess I will need a passport now....hmmmpphh! Oops, that sounded like a resentment...

hugs to you
~A