DRINKING ALCOHOL TAUGHT ME HOW TO FLY
THEN IT TOOK AWAY THE SKY

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

PACKED AND ALL READY TO GO!

My luggage is packed and I'm ready to move out
--IF YOU ALL HATE MY JOKE TODAY--Steve E.


GOD IS JUST "TOOO MUCH"

So many (good) AA things happened in our house and others' today, I would not know where to begin, except with the word gratitude--and yes, it WAS an "action" word. Prayer Girl and I both were doing the 12th Step Dance today, and it was fun, and so rewarding. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but God has been and is certainly in charge here. And regardless of the outcome, it is good!

I'm gonna just tell a joke here today, my brain is too fried to sort out the goodies of the day. Here is a PROMISE! If everyone has heard or read this one before, I promise never to post another one on these blogs, except for my little wisecrack-type stuff now and then. OK?

THE NEW MAID

A man dials his home number from work. A strange woman answers. The man says, "Who is this?"

"This is the maid", answered the woman.

"We don't have a maid!"

"I was just hired this morning by the lady of the house."

"Well, this is her husband. Is she there?"

"Wellll...she's upstairs in the bedroom with someone who I just assumed was her husband."

(The man is immediately VERY angry.) He says to the maid, "Listen, would you like to make $50,000?"

"What do I have to do?"

"I want you to get my gun from my desk in the den and shoot that bitch and the jerk she's with."

The maid puts down the phone. The man hears footsteps, followed by two gunshots.

The maid comes back to the phone. "What should I do with the bodies?"

"Throw them in the swimming pool!"

"What pool?"

"Is this 455-3467?"

Tomorrow is another day...OK?

10 comments:

Shadow said...

heee heee heeee, looooved your joke!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my.

Linda S. Socha said...

Loved it. Life!
Linda

One Prayer Girl said...

Love it!

You're allowed a 'BLORT' (Short Blog) JOKE - - -

Somebody coined that word recently - sorry, but I can't remember who.

And you're absolutely right - GOD IS JUST "TOOO MUCH"

PG

Sage Ravenwood said...

This reminds me of a real life story in Fla. where an older woman pulled out a gun on 4 guys trying to hijack her car when she came out of the grocery store. When she tried her key in the trunk of the car it wouldn't fit. On closer inspection she realized the car wasn't hers. She went and found her car and drove to the police station to report the incident. The 4 gentlemen she drew the gun on were already there reporting a car jacking by an old insane woman. No charges were filed. (Hugs)Indigo

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

LOL ... oh... rolling on the floor... good good joke!

Syd said...

It's a good joke. Thanks for making me laugh.
Good work Steve with PG on the Twelfth Step service.

And I think that I coined Blort over on Zane's blog.

clean and crazy said...

that is so very funny I am glad I took the time to read today.

Femin Susan said...

I think that is such a fun thing to do. I don't think they would have melted today if they were here.

RipGurl said...

ROFL-rolling on the floor laughing...
Now here's one back at ya.

Denny's new octuplet special:
14 eggs, no sausage, and the guy in the next booth over pays the bill.